Our mission is to educate Mechanical Engineers with wide-ranging knowledge, solid basic education that is both systemic and analytic, based on knowledge of the Basic Sciences, with an attitude of always learning and acting in an entrepreneurial manner. Continued enhancement of engineers trained – through graduate and extension classes – add to our objectives.
- Provide high-quality teaching at its three levels: undergraduate, graduate (stricto sensu) and extension courses.
- Carry out research and development in the basic and applied areas, integrated into learning.
- Establish international relations in research, teaching and extension.
- Provide advising and consulting services for companies, development agencies and community and governmental organizations.
- Participate in trade associations, technical and scientific associations and standards organizations.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering (PME) will be a national and international reference in education, research and university extension. It will be committed to sustainable technological development in the social, economic and environmental dimensions.
Professionals graduating from the PME will have a wide-ranging education that is both systemic and analytic, based on solid knowledge of the basic sciences for Engineering, with an attitude of always learning and endeavoring. They will have competencies in Mechanical Engineering projects, construction, operations, research and development. They will be skilled at human relations and in communications. They will have an ethical attitude and social and cultural commitment to Brazil and the world.